Update: a newer version available here
- Dynamic TextField
- HTML Enabled TextField
- Pre-Assigned TextFormat
- Arabic Font
- Embedding Fonts (just put a dynamic textfield on-stage and select at least Basic Latin (95 glyphs) and Arabic (1088 glyphs) from the Character Embedding menu).
- Arabic Ligatures.
- Word Wrapping.
- Bi-Directional text.
- HTML Text.
- Loading External text on run-time.
- Windows/Mac/Linux support.
- For matching/comparing input string, when referencing original input string use the data property (TextField.data) instead of (TextField.text)
Features Not Supported:
- Arabic Diacritics.
- Single Characters.
- Single-line TextField with autoSize.
- Upper-Case non-arabic characters.
- Extra Spacing at the end of each line (fixed by “Jan Jonas”).
- Double line-breaks (fixed by “Jan Jonas”).
- Empty String input.
- All Arabic Fonts are supported (requires embedding)
- Improved string processing performance
Here is an example works with this external XML file (with run-time resizing vs. wrapping):
download the above example here
download arabic input example here